The State of the IndustriesDuring the pandemic, many of these industries have opened in some capacity and with new restrictions to keep the businesses alive, and some expect to surge post-pandemic. As we all adjust to a new normal, Retailers are expected to provide an easy and efficient store experience that customers love while implementing many new rigorous procedures that prioritize the safety of store associates and customers. Here are what some industries and what they are doing at the moment to keep their doors open:
- Dining out – Mainly outdoors or take-out, but many establishments have seen a 25% allowance indoors and more to come with areas that experience winter.
- Entertainment – (concerts, movies, theater, attractions, and museums) Although Hollywood’s lights have gone dark, different parts of the business are slowly trying to reinvent themselves during this crisis. Movies and theaters are starting to open, and attractions and museums have capacity restrictions, face-covering requirements, and social distancing guidelines in place.
- Salons, spas, and beauty establishments have capacity restrictions, sanitation requirements, and face-covering requirements.
- Gyms, dance, and yoga studios have capacity restrictions, sanitation requirements, and face-covering requirements.
- Making customers feel safe by following sanitary and spacing guidelines
- Clients want a low-touch, hygienic environment – from contactless pay to automatic doors.
- You are giving shoppers an experience that feels unique to your brand – from atmosphere to customer service.
- Authenticity – connecting your brand to the community and the world at large.
How can you create a welcoming environment to bring people back to your brick-and-mortar?While there will be demand in these consumer segments, customers will have expectations for hygiene, safety, and health. Consumers have and will continue to support the businesses and brands they love. However, even well-loved, established brands will benefit from a re-assessment – from brand image and messaging to point-of-sale environment, customers are craving a new, fresh approach; streamlined processes; minimal touch points; brands that exhibit a genuine concern for customer well-being; and offering something fun and unique.
Positive Signs AheadTo help your facility reopen safely, many solutions for distancing, wayfinding, and signage are available. Shoppers can find safety measures that have become familiar in the COVID-19 age like:
- Plexiglass barriers at registers
- Signs and floor decals encouraging physical distancing
- Hand sanitizer stations
Drive-Thru, Curb-side, contact-less pick-up will remain popular.Research shows menu boards influence 56 percent of customers, and 74 percent said an easy-to-read setup is a top priority. Operators talk to length about streamlining the ordering process. And one of the quickest routes to a positive ROI might be where diners do most of their purchasing. Restaurant brands should invest in easier-to-read menu boards. A digital board will allow your location to change a menu item easily, but you also need readability. Design and function go hand-in-hand. In addition to the readability of the menu boards, online apps for many restaurants have become popular regarding contactless pick-up. As a retailer, display proper signage at your location when a patron has to pick up their food from your site. Some suggestions are:
- Signage Displayed on Doors
- Walkways with arrows to show the flow of traffic
- Food cubbies or shelving to hold your order or designated tables at the entrance
Don’t forget your Exterior Signage – Time to Spruce it upIs your exterior signage looking dull or dirty? As part of PSCO Sign Group, ID Associates and their Maintenance team will restore your sign to its original brightness with cleaning and replacement lighting components. Customized maintenance plans are available for proactive care against simple wear & tear, including inspection, painting, lighting component replacement, and cleaning. Our field service is a phone call away with quick and responsive emergency repairs to restore your sign nationwide. Most issues can be resolved within 48-72 hours. If you haven’t switched to LED, now is the perfect time. LEDs are brighter, save money and last longer.
Keeping your facilities business-ready is always a never-ending job.
PSCO Sign Group’s systems help you achieve confidence by simplifying your newly complicated and important cleaning routines with efficient, easy-to-use, practical solutions for routine cleaning and maintenance, wayfinding, and communication. Learn how PSCO can help you increase productivity, avoid downtime, and communicate expectations, keeping your building clean while facilitating regular business operations.Talk you’re to a PSCO Sign Group expert when drafting your post-pandemic recovery plans. Our signs can be used to announce, advertise, excite, and inspire. Creative signage can be a high-impact, low-cost solution to your post-pandemic success!